Health care industry is best for growth in Arizona for jobs, quality
PHOENIX — Health care is the No. 1 industry in Arizona for growth right now in terms of the number of jobs and the quality of jobs, according to Lee McPheters, a research professor of economics at Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School of Business.
“The important thing about health care — you have jobs at the lower level where you don’t need a degree at all,” McPheters said.
“There are jobs in the middle level where a two-year degree from community college or a specialized school can give you a very [good] salary,” he said.
Arizona is fifth in the country for the rate of growth for health care jobs, McPheters said.
“And then of course some of the highest salaries in the state are medical type jobs or scientific and laboratory jobs,” he said.
Any changes this year to the Affordable Care act could affect the state’s economy.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver Alert canceled after 83-year-old man found safe in Phoenix
- Phoenix woman arrested on 12 counts of animal cruelty
- Arizona State Troopers Association president: Pay raises will up staffing
- Arizona ending federal unemployment booster, offering return-to-work bonus
- Arizona restaurant owner offering tuition to attract applicants