No coat, no problem: Arizona ranked one of best states to spend winter
PHOENIX — In what will not come as a shock to many people, Arizona was ranked one of the best states in the country in which to spend winter.
According to a Thrillist list of the most miserable places to spend winter, Arizona is the second-best place in the entire United States to while away the chillier months of the year.
We were a little shocked to find out we were not the very best, but the winner was Hawaii. It’s tough to argue with 80-degree temperatures, beautiful beaches and picturesque scenery.
But we still have a lot going for us here. Despite a rainy start to 2017, Arizona should see highs in the 60s for most of January and pretty much everyone is back in shorts and T-shirts by March when spring training begins.
We’re guessing that won’t be the case in Minnesota, which is the worst place in the country to spend winter, according to Thrillist. The website said its extreme cold snaps and heavy snowfalls — along with some losing sports teams — make winter too brutal to bear.
Michigan, Alaska, North Dakota and Maine also made Thrillist’s top five for the worst places to spend winter.
- Arizona lawmakers seek solution to sewage leak in two southern cities
- Mob hit man ‘Sammy The Bull’ freed early from Arizona drug conviction
- Harvey-related gas prices should drop soon in Arizona
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Arizona lawmakers say global subsidies threaten local airline jobs