4 hurt when cars collide, hit school bus in Phoenix
PHOENIX — Four people were injured Monday morning in Phoenix when two cars crashed and barely avoided serious damage to a school bus carrying nearly a dozen children.
Police said none of the 10 children were hurt and neither was the bus driver in the wreck near 16th Street and Broadway Road. One of the cars scraped the bus, but the impact left minimal damage on the vehicle.
Three of the injured were taken to a trauma center, a fourth suffered minor injury.
The Roosevelt District school bus was waiting at a stop light when the cars collided.
Authorities shut down the intersection.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories from President’s Day weekend
- Mark Kelly calls for gun control legislation after Florida shooting
- Meghan McCain shares photo of Sen. John McCain at Arizona home
- Storm expected to slam Arizona high country with strong wind
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America