Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office finds body of missing elderly man in Phoenix suburb
PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff’s officials have located the body of 72-year-old Edward Patrick Powers in a pond in Sun City.
Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez tweeted the discovery late Friday night, after police began investigating the body earlier that afternoon.
His body was recovered from a pond near 135th Avenue and Deer Valley Drive in Sun City.
Powers suffered from Dementia and pain in both feet. He had been missing since 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 30.
Police did not say if foul play was suspected.
The investigation is still ongoing.
- Study finds racial bias in Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office traffic stops
- Suspect arrested for killing man, hiding body at Tolleson farm
- MCSO searching for man suspected of killing woman near Goodyear
- Body recovered at Tempe Town Lake; victim reportedly jumped
- Silver Alert canceled after Gilbert woman found in California