Main Street Minute: Restaurant chain raises $23,000 for Arizona groups to split
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Melting Pot restaurants of Arizona raised $23,000 for dozens of local nonprofits in 2016 with its special charity menu. A portion of every $40 four-course meal ordered was donated to several groups, including Phoenix Children’s Hospital and the Saguaro High School pom boosters. The fondue chain has locations in Scottsdale, Glendale, Phoenix and Tucson.
• Brush up your resume this weekend: more than three dozen companies are part of a big hiring event Monday. The job fair will run from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive.
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores
- US Marshals in Phoenix warn of nationwide phone scam
- Phoenix residents work for 4 years to earn enough for down payment
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash