Main Street Minute: Restaurant chain raises $23,000 for Arizona groups to split
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Melting Pot restaurants of Arizona raised $23,000 for dozens of local nonprofits in 2016 with its special charity menu. A portion of every $40 four-course meal ordered was donated to several groups, including Phoenix Children’s Hospital and the Saguaro High School pom boosters. The fondue chain has locations in Scottsdale, Glendale, Phoenix and Tucson.
• Brush up your resume this weekend: more than three dozen companies are part of a big hiring event Monday. The job fair will run from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive.
- Main Street Minute: Kneaders Bakery continues cookie sale for cancer fight
- Suspect arrested in west Phoenix shooting that killed one, injured two
- Family taken to hospital, used barbecue grill to warm home
- High temperatures in Phoenix could reach 90-plus degrees this week
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters