Main Street Minute: Restaurant chain raises $23,000 for Arizona groups to split
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Melting Pot restaurants of Arizona raised $23,000 for dozens of local nonprofits in 2016 with its special charity menu. A portion of every $40 four-course meal ordered was donated to several groups, including Phoenix Children’s Hospital and the Saguaro High School pom boosters. The fondue chain has locations in Scottsdale, Glendale, Phoenix and Tucson.
• Brush up your resume this weekend: more than three dozen companies are part of a big hiring event Monday. The job fair will run from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend