Phoenix ZooLights to remain on display for another week
PHOENIX — A handful of rainy nights in the area has worked out to an extra week of chances to see Phoenix ZooLights.
The zoo announced Thursday it would extend its annual bright, shiny and blinking tribute to wildlife through Jan. 15. The popular display had been scheduled to close this weekend.
The lights now will go dark Jan. 15.
Until then, the display, which opened the night before Thanksgiving, will be glowing nightly from 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Spokeswoman Linda Hardwick said in a statement, “A few rainy nights dampened the spirits of holiday revelers so we wanted to offer another week to see one of the largest light displays in the Southwest.”
For the first time, most of the lights used are LED-sourced. Some of the new displays are in 3-D and 4-D.
Discounted tickets are available online.
- Arizona House bill would help teachers offset cost of school supplies
- Trial set for Arizona border volunteer in immigrant harboring case
- Authorities suspect Arizona inmate’s death to be a homicide
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix