Several Phoenix-area freeways to be closed, restricted during weekend of Jan. 6
PHOENIX — It’s a new year, which means new roadway improvements throughout Phoenix. Several freeways in the Phoenix area will be closed or restricted during the weekend of Jan. 6, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
• Riggs Road will be narrowed to one lane at Interstate 10 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday for pavement improvements. Interstate 10 will not be restricted.
• Westbound I-10 off-ramp and eastbound on-ramp at Riggs Road will be closed on Saturday. Eastbound I-10 off-ramp and westbound on-ramp at Riggs Road will be closed on Sunday.
• Northbound State Route 51 will be closed overnight between I-10 and McDowell Road from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for installation of traffic counters.
• Westbound I-10 ramps to northbound SR 51 and eastbound Loop 202 will also be closed. Westbound I-10 HOV ramp to northbound SR 51 will also be closed.
• Southbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Seventh Avenue will be closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday for city of Phoenix waterline project.
• Seventh Avenue will also be narrowed to one lane in each direction at times near I-17.
• North- and southbound Interstate 17 off-ramps at Camelback Road will be closed overnight from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday for traffic-signal work.
• Camelback Road will also be restricted at I-17.
- Students say more guns, police officers on campus is not the answer
- New cannabis company offers delivery to Arizona, California dispensaries
- Snowfall closes major eastbound freeway in northern Arizona
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Two Scottsdale resorts added to Triple-A’s diamond-listed hotels