National Park Service announces free entrance days for 2017
PHOENIX — The National Park service has announced the free entrance days for 2017.
On ten separate days this year, parkgoers can get into a national park for free instead of the standard entrance fee.
January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
February 20: Presidents’ Day
April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
August 25: National Park Service Birthday
September 30: National Public Lands Day
November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
Notable parks in the Valley include Phoenix’s Encanto Park, which was named on of the 15 best city parks in the U.S. by Thrillist.
Arizona was ranked as one of the best states for parks by Trust for Public Land, a nonprofit organization that aims to create public parks and protect land for community use. Six Arizona cities were ranked in the top 100, including Scottsdale at No. 41 and Phoenix ranking No. 49.
- $370,000 worth of meth seized in Arizona border drug busts
- Arizona attorney general appealing dismissal of university tuition lawsuit
- CVS Pharmacy expands efforts to combat opioid abuse in Arizona
- Border Patrol rescues young Costa Rican boy in Arizona
- Phoenix City Council votes to ‘pause’ south-central light rail expansion