What a view: Sedona ranked among best spots to watch sunset worldwide
PHOENIX — If you live in Arizona, it’s easy to get accustomed to the natural beauty of the state. Sedona, the home of the magnificent red rocks, was recently ranked among the best spots in the world to watch a sunset.
Travel and Leisure ranked the town among the 12 best places to see the sunset around the world.
“Watching the sun set can be a near-spiritual experience in the raw beauty of Sedona, where the desert meets the mountains,” the magazine said. “Sedona is known for its famous red rock buttes, and the sun’s setting rays make the vibrant colors of the landscape glow against the deepening blue of the desert sky.”
If you’re looking for an easier but just as beautiful trek, drive to the Airport mesa to watch the “sun disappear behind Bell Rock, Cathedral Rock, and Courthouse Butte.”
Joining Sedona among the ranks of best place to watch a sunset were worldwide destinations such as Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Bagan, Myanmar, Uyuni Salt Flats, Bolivia and Bora Bora.
This is not Sedona’s first accolade for its beautiful landscape — in fact, it’s not even close.
- Abrazo micro-hospital construction underway in Mesa
- 800-pound chunk of USS Arizona heading to Texas war memorial
- Monsoon season is here: What to do when the weather turns dangerous
- MCSO investigating human remains found at Phoenix-area business
- Arpaio claims Justice Department meddled in 2016 campaign for sheriff