What a view: Sedona ranked among best spots to watch sunset worldwide
PHOENIX — If you live in Arizona, it’s easy to get accustomed to the natural beauty of the state. Sedona, the home of the magnificent red rocks, was recently ranked among the best spots in the world to watch a sunset.
Travel and Leisure ranked the town among the 12 best places to see the sunset around the world.
“Watching the sun set can be a near-spiritual experience in the raw beauty of Sedona, where the desert meets the mountains,” the magazine said. “Sedona is known for its famous red rock buttes, and the sun’s setting rays make the vibrant colors of the landscape glow against the deepening blue of the desert sky.”
If you’re looking for an easier but just as beautiful trek, drive to the Airport mesa to watch the “sun disappear behind Bell Rock, Cathedral Rock, and Courthouse Butte.”
Joining Sedona among the ranks of best place to watch a sunset were worldwide destinations such as Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Bagan, Myanmar, Uyuni Salt Flats, Bolivia and Bora Bora.
This is not Sedona’s first accolade for its beautiful landscape — in fact, it’s not even close.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona State Troopers Association president: Pay raises will up staffing
- Arizona ending federal unemployment booster, offering return-to-work bonus
- Liaison rebuffs Hobbs’ concerns over audit process in Maricopa County
- Arizona DPS providing security to Secretary Hobbs over threats
- Cinco de Mayo weekend DUI arrests in Arizona up over previous years