What a view: Sedona ranked among best spots to watch sunset worldwide
PHOENIX — If you live in Arizona, it’s easy to get accustomed to the natural beauty of the state. Sedona, the home of the magnificent red rocks, was recently ranked among the best spots in the world to watch a sunset.
Travel and Leisure ranked the town among the 12 best places to see the sunset around the world.
“Watching the sun set can be a near-spiritual experience in the raw beauty of Sedona, where the desert meets the mountains,” the magazine said. “Sedona is known for its famous red rock buttes, and the sun’s setting rays make the vibrant colors of the landscape glow against the deepening blue of the desert sky.”
If you’re looking for an easier but just as beautiful trek, drive to the Airport mesa to watch the “sun disappear behind Bell Rock, Cathedral Rock, and Courthouse Butte.”
Joining Sedona among the ranks of best place to watch a sunset were worldwide destinations such as Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Bagan, Myanmar, Uyuni Salt Flats, Bolivia and Bora Bora.
This is not Sedona’s first accolade for its beautiful landscape — in fact, it’s not even close.
- Truck hit by GOP train was on tracks after warning
- Arizona resolution that would have allowed teen legislators fails to pass
- Arizona leads nation in proportion of female farmers
- Crowded field for Franks’ special election raises more than $1.1 million
- Arizona nonprofit awarded $30M for projects in low-income areas