The end of the year is fast approaching which means we’ve got two months left of Rosie-Do tips for your house, home, castle or cabin.
The tips in this monthly series are intended to help keep your home running smoothly. Here are my six recommended to-dos for November:
Take down your sunscreens
The hottest months of the year are history, so take down those sunscreens, rinse them off, wipe them dry and store them in a safe place until next spring. If you’ve got time, wash the windows as well.
Change the filters on your air intakes
Get rid of that summer dust if you haven’t already done so.
If you haven’t overseeded your lawn yet, get started
Try to finish the job before mid-November. You should have stopped fertilizing and watering your Bermuda grass lawn a few weeks ago. Be sure to stop mowing your lawn one week before overseeding.
The day of overseeding, mow the grass as low as your mower will go, preferably down to a half-inch high, and remove the clippings from the lawn.
Test your alarm systems
The holidays are a time to use fireplaces more and light lots of candles. Be sure to test your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to make sure they’re still operating properly.
Spiff up for the holidays
Have the upholstery and carpets cleaned. Empty out a closet or two for guests and buy luggage racks for the guest rooms.
Ready appliances for Thanksgiving
Clean out the refrigerator. Clean the oven, buy the correct-sized roasting pan if you don’t have one already. Try to get some cooking done in advance.
For more DIY tips and information for all the projects around your house, home, castle or cabin, visit Arizona’s largest collection of homeowner DIY advice and information at www.Rosieonthehouse.com.
And if you are in need of a quality contractor you know you can trust, visit our list of Arizona’s very best contractors or service providers for your home improvement projects at RosieontheHouse.com –- Arizona’s most trusted referral network.
Tune in to KTAR every Saturday morning from 7-11 a.m. for the Rosie on the House broadcast!
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- December's Rosie-do list: It's time to get ready for the Arizona winter
- November's Rosie-do list: Time to get ready for the holidays
- October's Rosie-do List: Keep your home running smoothly this month
- September’s Rosie-do list: Get your veggies, trees and yard ready for fall
- August’s Rosie-do list: Fix the monsoon issues, get ready for fall
- July's Rosie-do list will help you fight bugs brought on by the monsoon
- Ready your home for monsoon season with June's 'Rosie-do' list
- Eight things for homeowners to add to their 'Rosie-do' list for May
- 6 to-do items for your April 'Rosie-do' list
- Your 'Rosie-Do List' for March: Time to start gearing up for summer
- Rosie-Do List for February: Get outdoors to prepare for spring
- Here’s your ‘Rosie-Do List’ for January