Main Street Minute: Pink-ribbon specialty license plate raises $2M since debut
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Arizona drivers who have ordered pink ribbon breast cancer awareness specialty license plates have helped raise $2 million for cancer screening and treatment over the past decade.The Arizona Department of Transportation has issued 110,000 of the plates since 2006.
• The Phoenix Fire Department has been awarded more than $130,000 from the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety. The grant money will be used for child safety, pedestrian and bike safety, among other things.
- Arizona search and rescue unit returning home after hurricane duty
- Phoenix firefighters coming home after helping Harvey, Irma victims
- Phoenix firefighters sent to Georgia to help with Hurricane Irma aftermath
- Phoenix firefighters sent to Florida to help should Hurricane Irma hit
- DUI arrests go up in Arizona over Labor Day weekend