Girls hit by unaware driver while pushing their car along Phoenix street
PHOENIX — Two teen girls were in a hospital with serious injuries after a driver rear-ended their car in Phoenix and pinned the girls between the vehicles.
Police said the girls had been pushing a disabled car along Cactus Road near 28th Avenue to a gas station late Tuesday. Two other girls were in the car.
Another car then hit the girls’ car from behind, trapping the teenagers.The two girls inside the car were uninjured.
The driver of the other car suffered minor injuries.
The girls ranged in age from 15 to 17. The car had run out of gas.
- Abrazo microhospital construction underway in Mesa
- 800-pound chunk of USS Arizona heading to Texas war memorial
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Monsoon season is here: What to do when the weather turns dangerous
- MCSO investigating human remains found at Phoenix-area business