Green Day invites fan from crowd to play guitar, fan nails it
When it comes to people who love bands and musical artists, some fans will do anything for a chance to meet their idols.
Just this past Saturday in Phoenix at Talking Stick Resort Arena, one woman offered from the crowd that she would pay the entirety of her daughter’s college tuition if she could get up onstage and hug country star Keith Urban.
Urban obliged, and not only did he hug her, he let her play the tambourine for one of his songs.
Well, like Urban, the band Green Day brought up a fan to play an instrument in one of their songs. The main difference is the fan got to play the lead guitar for the entirety of “When I Come Around,” and he played it perfectly.
It was clear the fan couldn’t believe he was getting to meet Billie Joe Armstrong, and probably just lived out one of his childhood dreams.
- Arizona has below-average early childhood obesity rates
- Pair starts song in 2007, finishes it 10 years later
- Deaf woman amazes crowd with song on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- One more time: Wonders perform ‘That Thing You Do’ at LA reunion show
- Country star Keith Urban to headline NCAA Final Four’s Phoenix block party