Main Street Minute: Several companies ready to meet with job seekers in Phoenix
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Job seekers can meet with hiring managers from companies such as Avnet, Make-a-Wish and more Monday at the airport Hilton in Phoenix. The hiring fair runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the hotel near 48th Street and University Drive.
• The Arizona Department of Corrections has received more than $900,000 from the governor’s office. The money will support technology-based career training to 135 moderate to high-risk inmates in Florence and toward a program to help reduce the number of repeat offenders.
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- Saturn to return to Arizona skies in June
- Arizona man sentenced to 20 months in prison for Wisconsin cyberattack
- McCain, GOP senators call on Sessions to halt family separation practice
- ADOT’s online permit test has been used 23,000 times in 3 months