Cattle truck crashes into cars on Interstate 17 near Phoenix
PHOENIX — State highway authorities said four people were hurt when a tractor-trailer hauling cattle smashed into several cars on Interstate 17 just outside of Phoenix.
The 24-car accident Sunday shut down the southbound freeway near Black Canyon City north of the Valley. The freeway was closed well into the night.
Arizona Department of Public Safety said 17 people were taken to hospitals Sunday afternoon, four of them air-lifted.
- Border Patrol rescues young Costa Rican boy in Arizona
- Phoenix City Council votes to ‘pause’ south-central light rail expansion
- Where do Arizona politicians stand on Trump’s family separation policy?
- Arizona health officials warn about rise in animal rabies cases
- County officials declare missing boy’s cause of death as ‘undetermined’