Cattle truck crashes into cars on Interstate 17 near Phoenix
PHOENIX — State highway authorities said four people were hurt when a tractor-trailer hauling cattle smashed into several cars on Interstate 17 just outside of Phoenix.
The 24-car accident Sunday shut down the southbound freeway near Black Canyon City north of the Valley. The freeway was closed well into the night.
Arizona Department of Public Safety said 17 people were taken to hospitals Sunday afternoon, four of them air-lifted.
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey delivers outlook for difficult wildfire season
- Special: Debate over gun violence in schools divides Arizona experts
- Arizona bill helps first responders get compensation, therapy for PTSD
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat