Canada is the most visited country by Arizonans
Considering that Arizona is right next to the Mexican border, many might assume that Mexico would be the most traveled country by Arizonans.
That honor, however, goes to our neighbors up north.
Dubbed “America’s Top Hat”, Canada reigns supreme for Arizonans looking to explore different countries. According to a list of most visited international countries by state performed by Orbitz, Arizona is the only state in America to have Canada has its most traveled.
Coincidentally, northern states such as Minnesota and North Dakota head down south to Mexico the most. Seems that some of these states wish to experience more of what they might be lacking.
Mexico leads the international pack with seven states: Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, North Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa.
- Arizona lawmakers seek solution to sewage leak in two southern cities
- Body found at collapsed Mexico school; girl still trapped
- Arizona resident describes deadly Mexico City earthquake as ‘chaotic’
- Mexico quake rescuers struggle to free girl, other survivors
- 7.1 magnitude quake kills dozens as buildings collapse in Mexico