Main Street Minute: Peoria to launch small business development center
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Peoria City Council has approved the launch of the Small Business Development Center. The center will provide services such as one-on-one counseling for business owners, networking opportunities, educational workshops and virtual counseling. It’s the second center in the West Valley.
• Mountainside Fitness will officially open its 13th Valley location this weekend. A ribbon cutting at 9 a.m. will kick off the celebration Saturday at the Queen Creek site. There will be free food and coffee as well as a blow-up obstacle course wall.
• Phoenix may soon land a big hotel. The Phoenix Business Journal reports developers from Tucson and Las Vegas have shelled out more than $17 million for 3½ acres near 28th Street and Camelback Road. Plans call for construction of a large office building and a 160-room Marriott.
- Phoenix is fastest-warming city in US, meteorologist says
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix Zoo hiring full-timers in several departments
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam