Main Street Minute: D-backs, bank team up to help school baseball, softball programs
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Calling all sales pros — The 17th annual Phoenix Premiere Sales and Professional job fair runs Thursday from 11:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Phoenix Airport Marriott near 44th Street and McDowell Road. Bring plenty of resumes and dress professionally.
• The Arizona Diamondbacks and Chase Bank are teaming up to help high school baseball and softball programs. The partnership is accepting applications from schools throughout the state for a piece of $100,000. They money will go toward purchase of equipment, field maintenance and assistance and facility improvements. Schools can apply online through Nov. 30.
• Spa810 will host a ribbon cutting Thursday morning at its new Scottsdale location near Scottsdale Road and Shea Boulevard. There will also be raffle giveaways, including 50-minute massages and facials as well as a laser treatment.
- Arizona lawmakers block bump stocks debate after Florida shooting
- Scottsdale home sells for $4.4 million at auction, $2 million under listing
- After deadly Florida shooting, what is Arizona doing about gun control?
- Gold mine in Scottsdale reduces price to nearly $3 million
- Ofo, dockless bike share system, kicks off operations in Mesa