A look back: Photographer puts together another stunning video of Arizona monsoon
PHOENIX — Arizona residents are no strangers to monsoons, but often times the dangers of the storms prevent people from seeing their beauty.
Full-time photographer and noted storm-chaser Mike Olbinski is attempting to change that. Olbinski has released a new video of the best monsoon footage he captured over the summer, and it’s incredible.
The video features building clouds, strong downbursts of rain, and plenty of lightning. It’s Olbinksi’s third edition of video after chasing storms the previous two summers as well.
Olbinski spent 36 days filming and drove approximately 13,000 miles, according to the video. The final project includes over 85,000 frames and is over seven minutes long.
Monsoon season in Arizona officially runs from June 15 through Sept. 30 annually.
- Arizona officials work to ensure wildlife have water during drought
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this weekend
- McCain viewed more favorably among Arizona Dems than GOP, poll finds
- Has Republican Party been redefined under Trump? Sen. Jeff Flake says so
- Ex-high school teacher in western Arizona arrested in sex investigation