Phoenix father kills young daughters, then himself
PHOENIX — Police said a West Valley father and his two young daughters were found dead in their home late Sunday night and the investigation was one of a murder-suicide.
Neighbors heard gunshots in the area of 91st Avenue and Broadway Road and called 911. Authorities said they had received another late-night call from a woman who said she was concerned about the welfare of her ex-husband and their two girls.
Sgt. Mercedes Fortune said officers went inside the house and found the 36-year-old father and girls, 5 and 4, shot.
The man and the oldest child were dead at the scene, police said. The second child was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Video shows Border Patrol car hitting man on Tohono O’odham Nation
- Officials: Vietnamese man dies in ICE custody in Arizona
- How much do Arizonans spoil their fathers? There’s a ranking for that
- Meghan McCain opens up about her relationship with her father
- Study finds Arizona among worst states for working dads