PHOENIX — If you’re looking for one of the best hot-air balloon rides the country has to offer, you won’t have to go far.
A new ranking from the travel giant Fodor’s lists Arizona Balloon Safaris as one of the top 10 rides in the United States. Located in Cave Creek, the company offers balloon trips throughout the Sonoran Desert.
Soaring as high as 5,000 feet off the desert floor, riders can get a glimpse of Flagstaff and beyond on clear day. Balloons also float down to tree level, giving customers an upclose view of jackrabbits, roadrunners and coyotes all from the safety of the basket.
In case riders work up an appetite, Arizona Balloon Safaris also provides muffins, eggs, fresh fruit, orange juice and bottled water on all tours.
For more information on Arizona Balloon Safaris or to book a ride of your own, visit the company’s website.
- ASU, UA among top universities for Peace Corps volunteers
- Gun control bills stall in Arizona Legislature following Florida shooting
- At least 523 flu-related deaths in Arizona this season, officials say
- Arizona officials working to reduce accidents on road to Rocky Point
- Here are the Phoenix-area freeway restrictions for Feb. 23 weekend