KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Take the kids out to eat and to the library in one visit. McDonald’s near 66th Avenue and Van Buren Street will unveil its Little Free Library on Saturday. Phoenix-based nonprofit Southwest Human Development partnered with the fast-food spot on the library. The grand-opening celebration runs from 10:30 a.m. until
• Some East Valley residents will get free smoke alarms Saturday. The Arizona Burn Foundation is teaming up with the Red Cross and fire departments to install more than 4,500 smoke alarms in Maricopa County homes this month. The cities this weekend are Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa and Tempe.
• The College of Dental Medicine-Arizona is offering free preventive dental care for kids Saturday. Patients must be 4-13 years old to receive for the cleanings, screenings and molar sealants from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. The work is being done at Midwestern University Dental Institute near 59th Avenue and Union Hills Drive in Glendale.
- Ofo, dockless bike share system, kicks off operations in Mesa
- Arizona Super Show to be held at University of Phoenix Stadium
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver
- Rep. Andy Biggs: Florida shooting should not be ‘politicized’
- Arizona bill would fine residents for misrepresenting service animals