In a battle to get a spot in the U.S. Senate, one poll shows Arizona Sen. John McCain is the favorite to do so.
A poll from Emerson College released Thursday shows McCain has a 16-point lead over Democratic challenger Ann Kirkpatrick.
McCain polled in at 52 percent, while Kirkpatrick has some work to do, polling at 36 percent.
About seven percent polled in at picking another candidate, while just over five percent polled in at being undecided in the race.
The Emerson College poll was conducted in both English and Spanish between Oct. 2 and Oct. 4. Six hundred Arizona residents participated.
The poll contacted 174 Democrats, 198 Republicans and 228 independent voters. About 40 percent of those interviewed were between 35 and 54.
- More registered Democrats than Republicans in Arizona’s 1st district
- Meghan McCain opens up about her relationship with her father
- Gov. Doug Ducey raises $555K for August gubernatorial primary
- Sen. John McCain criticizes Donald Trump for ending Korean war games
- A year after shooting, Sen. Jeff Flake says his gun views have shifted