As Secretary of State, Michele Reagan is Arizona’s second highest elected official. She is our guest in the Think Tank for the full hour this week.
- What are the relative responsibilities of the county recorders, who really run Arizona’s elections, and the Secretary of State, who is the state’s Chief Election Officer?
- What else does the Secretary of State do?
- Does she really inquire daily into the health of the governor? (If he is incapacitated or even leaves the state, she becomes acting governor, if he resigns, she becomes the governor).
- Will she endorse Donald Trump?
- Three recent Secretaries of State (Mofford, Hull and Brewer) became governor when the sitting governor became ineligible (due, respectively, to impeachment and conviction, criminal conviction and resignation). Interesting that all were women. Could Michele Reagan be the fourth?
- Tempe police, federal agents haul in 30,000 fentanyl pills during traffic stop
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Phoenix police chief assures city security will be ready for Trump rally
- Extra restrictions in place for Phoenix area freeways this weekend