The weekend traffic advisory for Sept. 30- Oct. 3 includes restrictions on the Interstate 10 in the west Valley.
Sections of the I-10 will be down to one lane and the Loop 202 will have a closure in Mesa according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. As always, ADOT recommends that drivers plan ahead and allow themselves to have extra travel time this weekend.
• Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane between Verrado Way and Watson Road in Buckeye from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 3) for resurfacing.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane in areas between Perryville Road and Estrella Parkway in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 3) for rubberized asphalt paving. Eastbound I-10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 closed. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Perryville Road and off-ramp at Citrus Road closed.
• Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between McDowell and Greenfield roads in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 3) for rubberized asphalt paving.
• Northbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) on-ramp at Shea Boulevard closed from 10 a.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 3) for concrete-replacement work.
• Southbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) narrowed to two lanes near Chaparral Road from 1 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 1) for pavement repair.
• Northbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) off- and on-ramps at Via De Ventura closed from 6 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 3) for concrete-replacement work.
• Northbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Thunderbird Road closed from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 1) for pavement improvements.
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend
- 2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
- Driver crashes into Phoenix house, occupants unharmed
- Arizona bill would use spike strips to prevent wrong-way drivers
- How bad is Phoenix area traffic compared to the rest of nation?