As we approach October — also known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month — one Valley charity is making sure everyone remembers that other types of cancer can be just as deadly to women.
Ovarian cancer is the fifth-deadliest for women and a Valley charity, Colleen’s Dream Foundation, is looking to help women in their fight.
The foundation has awarded nearly $500,000 in research grants since being founded in 2012 and is the largest privately-funded, ovarian cancer-specific nonprofit in the state.
Colleen’s Dream Foundation accepts donations online.
- Does baby powder cause cancer? Another jury says yes.
- Off Central: Valley group pairing dogs, veterans to save lives
- St. Louis jury rejects lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson
- Faith in Humanity: Valley group provides scholarships for children of fallen military
- Faith in Humanity: Group wants to recycle 1,000 donated bicycles for holiday gifts