PHOENIX — A 5-year-old Phoenix-area boy who was shot Wednesday has died, police said.
The boy was at home with his mother and two other siblings when a gun was found by the boy when he entered a bedroom. The mother heard a bang and went in the room to find her son with an apparent gunshot wound. No one else was in the room and the gun belonged to the father, who was not there.
The Avondale Fire Department said the boy was shot inside an apartment complex near Lower Buckeye Road and Central Avenue.
There are no pending charges at this time.
- MCSO searching for man suspected of killing woman near Goodyear
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?
- Mesa father arrested for allegedly beating, burning, threatening kids
- Man shot in Avondale home after argument with neighbor, police say
- Off Central: Arizona girl selected for MLB’s Trailblazer series