PHOENIX — A 5-year-old Phoenix-area boy who was shot Wednesday has died, police said.
The boy was at home with his mother and two other siblings when a gun was found by the boy when he entered a bedroom. The mother heard a bang and went in the room to find her son with an apparent gunshot wound. No one else was in the room and the gun belonged to the father, who was not there.
The Avondale Fire Department said the boy was shot inside an apartment complex near Lower Buckeye Road and Central Avenue.
There are no pending charges at this time.
- Arizona man taken to burn center after Lake Havasu boat fire
- Kid gets snippy with reporter, calls him ‘weather boy’
- Man found fatally shot at Grand Canyon, authorities suspect suicide
- Main Street Minute: Afternoon job fair set in West Valley
- Expert: Parents should be proactive in discussing learning disabilities with doctors