PHOENIX — A 5-year-old Phoenix-area boy who was shot Wednesday has died, police said.
The boy was at home with his mother and two other siblings when a gun was found by the boy when he entered a bedroom. The mother heard a bang and went in the room to find her son with an apparent gunshot wound. No one else was in the room and the gun belonged to the father, who was not there.
The Avondale Fire Department said the boy was shot inside an apartment complex near Lower Buckeye Road and Central Avenue.
There are no pending charges at this time.
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Phoenix-area child transported to hospital with gunshot wound
- Child playing with stove apparently caused deadly NYC fire
- Phoenix-area residents to soon have access to Valley Metro bus services
- Mesa teenager extradited to Arizona in case of missing child