KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Several Arizona-based nonprofits and state agencies have been awarded nearly $10 million in federal grants to help combat crime, assist victims and promote public and officer safety. The Governor’s Office, Department of Corrections and Arizona Coalition to End Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence are among the eight recipients.
• U.S. News and World Report has ranked Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s undergraduate engineering program as the 13th-best in the country, and the best in Arizona. It’s the 11th time the Prescott campus has made the top 20.
• Shea Homes shelled out more than $16 million for land in the East Valley. The homebuilder plans to construct more than 380 homes on the 75 acres located near Ray and Recker roads in Gilbert.
- Satellite designed by students in Prescott chosen by NASA for launch
- Embry-Riddle now offers master’s in cyber intelligence and security
- Five Arizona colleges that provide the best value
- Main Street Minute: Arizona aeronautical campus launches new department
- Arizona aeronautical school hosts start of 2016 Air Race Classic