A new spring training facility for the Chicago Cubs debuted in 2014, and builders tried to tie in Wrigley Field aspects into the park as much as possible.
Now a different form of transportation into Sloan Park in Mesa, Arizona, could be in the works soon.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Tempe is moving forward with its planned Streetcar system along Mill Avenue, Rio Salado Parkway and Apache Boulevard.
Construction for the $183 million system could start next year, however, Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell wants the Streetcar to extend even further.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Mitchell said he would like to see the Streetcar go as far into Mesa as Sloan Park, which is just west of Loop 101 off of Rio Salado Parkway.
Mesa Mayor John Giles told the Journal that he and other city officials are open to the idea.
- More registered Democrats than Republicans in Arizona’s 1st district
- Poll: Three-quarters of AZ Republican voters against marijuana legalization
- Arizona Technology Council finds industry is on the rise
- Self-driving Waymo car involved in a 5-vehicle crash in Mesa
- Video shows Border Patrol car hitting man on Tohono O’odham Nation