A new spring training facility for the Chicago Cubs debuted in 2014, and builders tried to tie in Wrigley Field aspects into the park as much as possible.
Now a different form of transportation into Sloan Park in Mesa, Arizona, could be in the works soon.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Tempe is moving forward with its planned Streetcar system along Mill Avenue, Rio Salado Parkway and Apache Boulevard.
Construction for the $183 million system could start next year, however, Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell wants the Streetcar to extend even further.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Mitchell said he would like to see the Streetcar go as far into Mesa as Sloan Park, which is just west of Loop 101 off of Rio Salado Parkway.
Mesa Mayor John Giles told the Journal that he and other city officials are open to the idea.
- Students say more guns, police officers on campus is not the answer
- New cannabis company offers delivery to Arizona, California dispensaries
- Snowfall closes major eastbound freeway in northern Arizona
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Two Scottsdale resorts added to Triple-A’s diamond-listed hotels