It’s called the Interplanetary Transport System.
Space X founder Elon Musk is in Mexico this week to update us on his Mars plan.
Musk, who wants to place humans on Mars by 2025, is presenting a special keynote at the 67th International Astronautical Conference on Tuesday, Sept. 27th.
His topic is “Making Humans a Multiplanetary Species.”
Musk has a complete plan for getting to Mars and has developed a new heavy lift rocket engine, Raptor.
The Raptor engine will be powered by a combination of liquid methane and liquid oxygen, which will produce the kind of thrust that is needed to get to the planet Mars.
In addition to the Mars plan, Space X is working on unmanned probes to explore the planets by 2018.
Formed in 2012, Space X was created to cut the cost of placing a payload into space.
Musk and his team are creating a great future for mankind to be a true interplanetary species.
To learn more about the Space X Mars mission, click here.
- Video published of test run for ‘Hyperloop’ high-speed transit system
- NASA giving public a chance to name the new Mars rover
- Tesla gets approval to have Arizona car dealerships
- China talking with European Space Agency about moon outpost
- Lake Havasu City wins $2 million for community revitalization plan