TEMPE, Ariz. — History lovers now have a new way to enjoy Tempe, thanks to an addition to the city’s website.
People can call up several maps that include not only historical information about certain buildings, but also walking tours connecting them. City spokeswoman Kris Baxter-Ging said the maps will give you the entire history of the building in which you’re interested.
“You’ve seen these beautiful, old brick buildings, and you know that those buildings have secrets,” she said. “And, you know that they have stories. This website tells you those stories.”
The maps can be found here. There are several to choose from, including downtown Tempe and Tempe Town Lake.
- Off Central: Tempe church working harder than ever to be inclusive
- Police find 3-year-old girl who was reported missing by mother
- Arizona Legislative leaders push redistricting commission changes
- Tempe pastor to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in fight against violence
- Tempe bar won’t allow Arizona Wildcats fans, colors for ASU game