TEMPE, Ariz. — History lovers now have a new way to enjoy Tempe, thanks to an addition to the city’s website.
People can call up several maps that include not only historical information about certain buildings, but also walking tours connecting them. City spokeswoman Kris Baxter-Ging said the maps will give you the entire history of the building in which you’re interested.
“You’ve seen these beautiful, old brick buildings, and you know that those buildings have secrets,” she said. “And, you know that they have stories. This website tells you those stories.”
The maps can be found here. There are several to choose from, including downtown Tempe and Tempe Town Lake.
- ‘Take Me to Church’ singer Hozier will perform in Tempe in October
- Family of Chinese girl killed in Arizona wants more jail for killer
- Arizona, Tempe top spots for millennials on the move
- Phoenix suburb selected as top US destination for retirees
- Maricopa County prosecutors hand fatal Uber crash case to another office