When you hear about money and bank together, a loan can be assumed to be in the same context. Not often do banks give out money for free, especially tens of thousands of dollars.
A Colorado bank is doing just that, as it is offering $20,000 to a business in both its own state and Arizona, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
Lakwood-based 1stBank, made the same promotion last year to businesses in Colorado. Whichever small business with a good story made a video could become a finalist for the money.
Of the five finalists in the contest named “90 Seconds to Success,” voters decide in November who gets the money by watching the finalists’ videos on the bank’s Facebook page.
Nearly 500 businesses applied for the contest last year, with Lakewood’s Fox Hollow Animal Hospital taking home the money.
- New Westin hotel in downtown Tempe breaks ground
- Advocacy groups pressure Arizona to ban bee-killing pesticides
- Affordable housing complex for veterans opens in Tempe
- In wake of Florida shooting, Arizona educators look at social media impact
- Study ranks each Arizona spring training stadium based on fan experience