When you hear about money and bank together, a loan can be assumed to be in the same context. Not often do banks give out money for free, especially tens of thousands of dollars.
A Colorado bank is doing just that, as it is offering $20,000 to a business in both its own state and Arizona, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
Lakwood-based 1stBank, made the same promotion last year to businesses in Colorado. Whichever small business with a good story made a video could become a finalist for the money.
Of the five finalists in the contest named “90 Seconds to Success,” voters decide in November who gets the money by watching the finalists’ videos on the bank’s Facebook page.
Nearly 500 businesses applied for the contest last year, with Lakewood’s Fox Hollow Animal Hospital taking home the money.
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona schools chief Diane Douglas supports Board of Regents lawsuit
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort