The southern city of Willcox has joined Sonoita as the two federally designated wine cities in Arizona.
The city was recognized as a wine-growing region by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau. There are 21 vineyards in Willcox, which equates to two-thirds of the grapes grown in the Willcox basin.
As a result of being recognized by the bureau, Willcox can now begin to put the AVA designation on all of their wine bottles, indicating its authenticity.
Sonoita became the first win city to achieve its designation in Arizona in 1985.
- President Donald Trump to visit Yuma on Tuesday
- ASU bringing Amazon’s ‘Alexa’ into classes, new dorm
- Tempe’s Carvana ranked top-50 in America’s fastest-growing companies
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks believes Trump will pardon Arpaio, supports it
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year