PHOENIX — The upcoming weekend has several improvement projects in place that the Arizona Department of Transportation wants drivers to be aware of.
Closures and restrictions across Phoenix-area freeways from Sept. 23-26 have ADOT recommending drivers to plan ahead.
• Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane between Loop 303 and Perryville Road in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 26) for rubberized asphalt paving. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Citrus Road closed. Southbound Loop 303 ramp to westbound I-10 also closed.
• Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Greenfield and Power roads in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 26) for rubberized asphalt paving.
• Grand Avenue (US 60) closed overnight between Dysart and Litchfield roads in Surprise from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 24) for utility work near future Bell Road overpass. Grand Avenue then narrowed to one lane in both directions in same area from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 24) for utility work.
• Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) left two lanes, including HOV lane, closed overnight between Kyrene Road and Interstate 10 in Tempe from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 24) for installation of lane separator posts.
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam
- Arizonans need to make $107K to be considered ‘rich,’ study finds
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Which city in Arizona is the worst to live in?
- Arizona officials seize malnourished horses from New River woman