PHOENIX — The upcoming weekend has several improvement projects in place that the Arizona Department of Transportation wants drivers to be aware of.
Closures and restrictions across Phoenix-area freeways from Sept. 23-26 have ADOT recommending drivers to plan ahead.
• Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane between Loop 303 and Perryville Road in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 26) for rubberized asphalt paving. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Citrus Road closed. Southbound Loop 303 ramp to westbound I-10 also closed.
• Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Greenfield and Power roads in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 26) for rubberized asphalt paving.
• Grand Avenue (US 60) closed overnight between Dysart and Litchfield roads in Surprise from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 24) for utility work near future Bell Road overpass. Grand Avenue then narrowed to one lane in both directions in same area from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 24) for utility work.
• Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) left two lanes, including HOV lane, closed overnight between Kyrene Road and Interstate 10 in Tempe from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 24) for installation of lane separator posts.
- Arizona lawmakers block bump stocks debate after Florida shooting
- After deadly Florida shooting, what is Arizona doing about gun control?
- Ofo, dockless bike share system, kicks off operations in Mesa
- Arizona Super Show to be held at University of Phoenix Stadium
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver