PHOENIX — The upcoming weekend has several improvement projects in place that the Arizona Department of Transportation wants drivers to be aware of.
Closures and restrictions across Phoenix-area freeways from Sept. 23-26 have ADOT recommending drivers to plan ahead.
• Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane between Loop 303 and Perryville Road in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 26) for rubberized asphalt paving. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Citrus Road closed. Southbound Loop 303 ramp to westbound I-10 also closed.
• Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Greenfield and Power roads in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 26) for rubberized asphalt paving.
• Grand Avenue (US 60) closed overnight between Dysart and Litchfield roads in Surprise from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 24) for utility work near future Bell Road overpass. Grand Avenue then narrowed to one lane in both directions in same area from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 24) for utility work.
• Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) left two lanes, including HOV lane, closed overnight between Kyrene Road and Interstate 10 in Tempe from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 24) for installation of lane separator posts.
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Tempe police, federal agents haul in 30,000 fentanyl pills during traffic stop
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball