PHOENIX — Another day, another big act announcing it will make a tour stop in the Phoenix area.
The Red Hot Chili Peppers announced Monday that the group will play a concert on March 4 at Gila River Arena.
Presale tickets will be available for members of the band’s official fan group on Wednesday at 10 a.m. Those who are not members can sign up to get the presale code.
For those who are not registered, tickets will go on sale Friday at noon.
Ticket prices have not been released, but each ticket does include either a physical or digital copy of the band’s new album, “The Getaway.” Fans who already own the album can give it to someone else.
Valley fans who cannot make the March 4 concert can head to several relatively nearby cities on the following dates to catch the band live:
- March 2 in Denver
- March 5 in San Diego
- March 7 in Los Angeles
The Red Hot Chili Peppers have enjoyed a long career. Formed in Los Angeles in 1983, the band has sold more than 80 million records, been nominated for 16 Grammy awards — it won six — and have the most cumulative weeks of No. 1 songs of any alternative rock band.
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- Phoenix City Council votes to look at other designs for light-rail expansion