PHOENIX — A driver pulled over by authorities in Scottsdale was taken into custody early Monday, accused of pulling a gun on a state trooper during the traffic stop.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said a patrol officer reported hearing a click coming from the car after reaching the stopped vehicle on Loop 101 near Indian School Road.
The man behind the wheel then sped off. A brief pursuit followed onto city streets. DPS said the suspect’s vehicle later was found abandoned. The suspect was found and taken into custody.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix libraries hosting program to learn about solar eclipse
- Express Scripts mail-order pharmacy to limit opioids
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- Mesa police officer dies in off-duty motorcycle accident