PHOENIX — A driver pulled over by authorities in Scottsdale was taken into custody early Monday, accused of pulling a gun on a state trooper during the traffic stop.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said a patrol officer reported hearing a click coming from the car after reaching the stopped vehicle on Loop 101 near Indian School Road.
The man behind the wheel then sped off. A brief pursuit followed onto city streets. DPS said the suspect’s vehicle later was found abandoned. The suspect was found and taken into custody.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Two Scottsdale resorts added to Triple-A’s diamond-listed hotels
- ASU, UA among top universities for Peace Corps volunteers
- Gun control bills stall in Arizona Legislature following Florida shooting
- Art lovers, rejoice! Scottsdale’s Canal Convergence to kick off this weekend