PHOENIX — A driver pulled over by authorities in Scottsdale was taken into custody early Monday, accused of pulling a gun on a state trooper during the traffic stop.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said a patrol officer reported hearing a click coming from the car after reaching the stopped vehicle on Loop 101 near Indian School Road.
The man behind the wheel then sped off. A brief pursuit followed onto city streets. DPS said the suspect’s vehicle later was found abandoned. The suspect was found and taken into custody.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Video shows Border Patrol car hitting man on Tohono O’odham Nation
- Officials: Vietnamese man dies in ICE custody in Arizona
- How much do Arizonans spoil their fathers? There’s a ranking for that
- Meghan McCain opens up about her relationship with her father
- Study finds Arizona among worst states for working dads