PHOENIX — A driver pulled over by authorities in Scottsdale was taken into custody early Monday, accused of pulling a gun on a state trooper during the traffic stop.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said a patrol officer reported hearing a click coming from the car after reaching the stopped vehicle on Loop 101 near Indian School Road.
The man behind the wheel then sped off. A brief pursuit followed onto city streets. DPS said the suspect’s vehicle later was found abandoned. The suspect was found and taken into custody.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona schools chief Diane Douglas supports Board of Regents lawsuit
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Arizona officials urging people to get flu shots as season approaches
- Phoenix is fastest-warming city in US, meteorologist says