The Phoenix Fire Department had their hands full in battling a house fire Saturday afternoon near 32nd street and Bell Road.
According to a press release from the fire department, crews had difficulties when the first arriving Engine Company on scene had their fire pump fail and were unable to get water to their hose lines. Luckily, though, a second company arrived and was able to get water to the fire.
The second set of challenges crews faced were the conditions inside the home which included large amounts of debris throughout the house that caused crews to unable locate the fire’s origins. Phoenix fire said that crews encountered zero visibility due to smoke and the obstacles inside, as a result, crews were withdrawn from the interior and redeployed to the outside of the home.
- After deadly Florida shooting, what is Arizona doing about gun control?
- Ofo, dockless bike share system, kicks off operations in Mesa
- Arizona Super Show to be held at University of Phoenix Stadium
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver
- Rep. Andy Biggs: Florida shooting should not be ‘politicized’