KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Arizona State Fair is hosting a job event this weekend. There are nearly a thousand positions available, including customer service representatives, parking attendants, ticket sellers and ticket takers. The job fair runs Saturday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Coliseum near 19th Avenue and McDowell Road.
• The U.S. Air Force turns 69 this weekend, and to celebrate a local men’s hair salon is offering free hair cuts. Active, nonactive, and retired Air Force members just need to show ID at any of the three local Keep It Cut salons for their free cut.
• There will be a little more vintage for sale in downtown Mesa. Home and garden decor store, Pole Barn Primitives opens Friday near Center and Main streets.
- Homeland Security may not be able to hire Trump’s promised 15K agents
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix boutique hotel to undergo renovations
- Arizona State Fair inspects equipment even though no law requires it
- Snoop Dogg, Marilyn Manson to play Arizona State Fair concerts
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix nonprofit offers free job-training program