KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Arizona State Fair is hosting a job event this weekend. There are nearly a thousand positions available, including customer service representatives, parking attendants, ticket sellers and ticket takers. The job fair runs Saturday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Coliseum near 19th Avenue and McDowell Road.
• The U.S. Air Force turns 69 this weekend, and to celebrate a local men’s hair salon is offering free hair cuts. Active, nonactive, and retired Air Force members just need to show ID at any of the three local Keep It Cut salons for their free cut.
• There will be a little more vintage for sale in downtown Mesa. Home and garden decor store, Pole Barn Primitives opens Friday near Center and Main streets.
- The Flaming Lips added to 2018 Arizona State Fair concert series
- Wet n’ Wild Phoenix hiring 500 people ahead of seasonal opening
- Phoenix leaders, police union chief disagree on staffing situation
- Main Street Minute: Moms’ support service moves to Gilbert
- Main Street Minute: Restaurant jobs are available at Phoenix airport