PHOENIX — Huss Brewing Company has added to its beer list, becoming one of Arizona’s largest breweries in the process.
The Tempe-based brewery has acquired the Papago Brewing Company brands of beer, most notably the popular Orange Blossom Ale. The acquisition makes Huss Brewing Company the third largest brewery in Arizona, according to industry standard Nielsen data, trailing only Four Peaks and SanTan.
“The love and support all of you have shown Huss Brewing and Papago over the years is beyond belief and we are humbled and proud to be one of the representatives of great Arizona Craft Beer,” said co-founder Leah Huss in a Facebook post.
The Papago Brewing Craft Beer Bar and Restaurant in Scottsdale will stay in operation under the same name and was not included in the transaction.
“The great tradition it has established for 15 years will continue and we are proud to continue supporting their efforts,” Huss said.
Founded in 2013, Huss Brewing Company is widely considered one of the fastest growing breweries in the Valley. Huss also announced last month that it will open a new taproom near Central Avenue and Camelback Road, which is expected to open in December.
For more information on the acquisition or to see a complete list of beers, visit the new Huss Brewing Company website.
- SanTan Brewing Company goes outside the keg, unveils spirits
- We’ll drink to that: American Craft Beer Week to celebrate local breweries
- Pizza Hut expands beer delivery service to more Arizona cities
- Could climate change be ruining the taste of your favorite craft beer?
- UofA basketball arena gets state approval to sell beer, wine