The Phoenix area broke a record again, but it wasn’t weather related for what it’s worth.
According to AZ Big Media, the Phoenix area broke an export record.
“The International Trade Administration’s 2015 Metropolitan Area Export Overview indicates that goods exported from the Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ metro area reached a record $13.8 billion,” said AZ Big Media. “Phoenix’s goods exports increased by $1.1 billion, or 8.3 percent, from 2014 to 2015.”
According to the U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker, this was a new record for the Phoenix area.
In a release by Pritzker, it was reported that metropolitan areas in the country had exports exceed $1.3 trillion last year.
- Arizona lawmakers urge Congress to extend AMBER Alert to tribal lands
- Elliot Road to close in Phoenix for freeway interchange construction
- One person killed after plane crashes in Cochise County
- Main Street Minute: Coffee chain donating sales to Valley fire station
- Phoenix, Tucson among nation’s top 25 cities for economic opportunity