The Phoenix area broke a record again, but it wasn’t weather related for what it’s worth.
According to AZ Big Media, the Phoenix area broke an export record.
“The International Trade Administration’s 2015 Metropolitan Area Export Overview indicates that goods exported from the Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ metro area reached a record $13.8 billion,” said AZ Big Media. “Phoenix’s goods exports increased by $1.1 billion, or 8.3 percent, from 2014 to 2015.”
According to the U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker, this was a new record for the Phoenix area.
In a release by Pritzker, it was reported that metropolitan areas in the country had exports exceed $1.3 trillion last year.
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Joe Arpaio loses appeal in lawsuit over his slip-and-fall injury
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Hearing called off for Phoenix-area man accused in 9 shooting deaths