The Phoenix area broke a record again, but it wasn’t weather related for what it’s worth.
According to AZ Big Media, the Phoenix area broke an export record.
“The International Trade Administration’s 2015 Metropolitan Area Export Overview indicates that goods exported from the Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ metro area reached a record $13.8 billion,” said AZ Big Media. “Phoenix’s goods exports increased by $1.1 billion, or 8.3 percent, from 2014 to 2015.”
According to the U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker, this was a new record for the Phoenix area.
In a release by Pritzker, it was reported that metropolitan areas in the country had exports exceed $1.3 trillion last year.
- Opinions split after Trump protest in downtown Phoenix
- Arpaio felt Trump would defy advisers, grant pardon at Phoenix rally
- Phoenix police chief gives officers A+ for conduct during Trump rally protest
- Opinion: Four takeaways from Trump’s rally speech in Phoenix
- Watch as Phoenix firefighters reunite woman, dog after house fire