The Phoenix area broke a record again, but it wasn’t weather related for what it’s worth.
According to AZ Big Media, the Phoenix area broke an export record.
“The International Trade Administration’s 2015 Metropolitan Area Export Overview indicates that goods exported from the Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ metro area reached a record $13.8 billion,” said AZ Big Media. “Phoenix’s goods exports increased by $1.1 billion, or 8.3 percent, from 2014 to 2015.”
According to the U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker, this was a new record for the Phoenix area.
In a release by Pritzker, it was reported that metropolitan areas in the country had exports exceed $1.3 trillion last year.
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- More registered Democrats than Republicans in Arizona’s 1st district
- Poll: Three-quarters of AZ Republican voters against marijuana legalization
- Arizona Technology Council finds industry is on the rise