KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus has launched a mechanical engineering department. Until recently, the program was part of the aerospace and mechnical engineering department, but if officially became a stand-alone department after enrollment tripled in recent years.
• Mountain Park Health Center in Arizona has been awarded more than $200,000 from the federal Department of Health and Human Services for high performance in five categories. The center has eight locations across the Valley.
• A Scottsdale-based food company has good news for gluten-free pizza lovers. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Mikey’s Muffins has added gluten-free pizza crust to its offerings of gluten, grain, soy and dairy -free muffins.
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam
- Arizonans need to make $107K to be considered ‘rich,’ study finds
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Which city in Arizona is the worst to live in?
- Arizona officials seize malnourished horses from New River woman