KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus has launched a mechanical engineering department. Until recently, the program was part of the aerospace and mechnical engineering department, but if officially became a stand-alone department after enrollment tripled in recent years.
• Mountain Park Health Center in Arizona has been awarded more than $200,000 from the federal Department of Health and Human Services for high performance in five categories. The center has eight locations across the Valley.
• A Scottsdale-based food company has good news for gluten-free pizza lovers. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Mikey’s Muffins has added gluten-free pizza crust to its offerings of gluten, grain, soy and dairy -free muffins.
- Lawmaker: Lack of regulation on Arizona tattoo industry is ‘shocking’
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Poll reveals support for LGBT inclusion in Arizona non-discrimination law
- Arizona family to appear on ‘Family Feud’ next week
- Kansas man bloody, naked before officer shot him in northern Arizona