The Grand Canyon State leads the nation in a category that it might not be so proud of: irresponsible teens.
According to the Youth Risk Behavior Survey, Arizona is No. 1 when it comes to irresponsible teens. The survey broke down statistical categories into teens who have drove when they’ve drank alcohol, smoked cigarettes in the past 30 days, drank alcohol in the past 30 days, smoked marijuana, ever tried cocaine, did not use a condom during sexual intercourse and either drank alcohol or used drugs during sexual intercourse.
Arizona leads the United States in teens to have tried cocaine (9.18 percent) and teens who have drank alcohol in the past 30 days (34.78 percent).
States excluded from this list include Georgia, Kansas, Ohio, Minnesota, Utah, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia, Oregon, Iowa, Tennessee, Washington, New Jersey and Louisiana.
- Here is why California’s musical road sounds absolutely out of tune
- Sens. McCain, Flake propose budget amendment for wildfire funding
- Scottsdale organization provides free help to single parents battling cancer
- Phoenix’s first shopping mall to get $57M transformation
- Arizona surgeon accused of forging signatures on opioid prescriptions