The Grand Canyon State leads the nation in a category that it might not be so proud of: irresponsible teens.
According to the Youth Risk Behavior Survey, Arizona is No. 1 when it comes to irresponsible teens. The survey broke down statistical categories into teens who have drove when they’ve drank alcohol, smoked cigarettes in the past 30 days, drank alcohol in the past 30 days, smoked marijuana, ever tried cocaine, did not use a condom during sexual intercourse and either drank alcohol or used drugs during sexual intercourse.
Arizona leads the United States in teens to have tried cocaine (9.18 percent) and teens who have drank alcohol in the past 30 days (34.78 percent).
States excluded from this list include Georgia, Kansas, Ohio, Minnesota, Utah, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia, Oregon, Iowa, Tennessee, Washington, New Jersey and Louisiana.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Arizona sheriffs honor Flake for baseball shooting response
- Report: Pei Wei could move headquarters out of Arizona
- Trump to depart Phoenix for Reno before heading to White House
- Arizona school near top of list of America’s best community colleges