PHOENIX — Many restrictions and closures will affect drivers in the the Valley this weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced that Loop 101, Interstate 10, Loop 202, Interstate 17 and U.S. 60 will have some sort of restriction from Friday, Sept. 9, through Monday, Sept. 12.
ADOT recommends drivers allow for extra travel time and to use caution when driving on the Phoenix area freeways this weekend.
Here is the list of restrictions:
- Northbound Loop 101 will be closed between Indian Bend Road and Shea Boulevard from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. The on-ramps at Chaparral Road and McDonald Drive on the same freeway will also be closed.
- Westbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to one lane between Estrella Parkway and Sarival Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. The off- and on-ramps at Estrella Parkway will also be closed, while the off-ramp at Sarival Avenue will be closed from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Westbound Loop 202 will be narrowed to two lanes between Power and Gilbert roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, and the on- and off-ramps in the same area will also be closed.
- Southbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Seventh Avenue will be closed from 4 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Eastbound Grand Avenue (U.S. 60) will be narrowed to one lane at Camelback Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Saturday.
For addtional freeway-restricition information, click here and go under ADOT News.
- Phoenix police searching for sheep missing since 2013
- Arizona officials work to ensure wildlife have water during drought
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this weekend
- McCain viewed more favorably among Arizona Dems than GOP, poll finds
- Has Republican Party been redefined under Trump? Sen. Jeff Flake says so