PHOENIX — Many restrictions and closures will affect drivers in the the Valley this weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced that Loop 101, Interstate 10, Loop 202, Interstate 17 and U.S. 60 will have some sort of restriction from Friday, Sept. 9, through Monday, Sept. 12.
ADOT recommends drivers allow for extra travel time and to use caution when driving on the Phoenix area freeways this weekend.
Here is the list of restrictions:
- Northbound Loop 101 will be closed between Indian Bend Road and Shea Boulevard from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. The on-ramps at Chaparral Road and McDonald Drive on the same freeway will also be closed.
- Westbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to one lane between Estrella Parkway and Sarival Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. The off- and on-ramps at Estrella Parkway will also be closed, while the off-ramp at Sarival Avenue will be closed from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Westbound Loop 202 will be narrowed to two lanes between Power and Gilbert roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, and the on- and off-ramps in the same area will also be closed.
- Southbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Seventh Avenue will be closed from 4 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Eastbound Grand Avenue (U.S. 60) will be narrowed to one lane at Camelback Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Saturday.
For addtional freeway-restricition information, click here and go under ADOT News.
- Arizona lawmakers urge Congress to extend AMBER Alert to tribal lands
- Elliot Road to close in Phoenix for freeway interchange construction
- One person killed after plane crashes in Cochise County
- Main Street Minute: Coffee chain donating sales to Valley fire station
- Phoenix, Tucson among nation’s top 25 cities for economic opportunity