PHOENIX — A Phoenix pizza joint has been named the best place to grab a pie in the state.
Foursquare compiled user data to rank Federal Pizza near Central Avenue and Camelback Road as the best pizza place in Arizona. It has a 9.4 favorable rating out of 10 on the popular check-in app.
Federal Pizza is owned by Upward Projects, the group behind other popular places such as Postino and Windsor.
Some may see the selection of Federal Pizza as a bit of an upset as Pizzeria Bianco tends to be the eatery that garners all the awards, but we’re not complaining about having somewhere new to check out!
Federal specializes in wood-fired pizzas but also carries sandwiches, salads and desserts.
The pizzeria also offers beer and wine to-go and has a drive-through.
- More registered Democrats than Republicans in Arizona’s 1st district
- Poll: Three-quarters of AZ Republican voters against marijuana legalization
- Arizona Technology Council finds industry is on the rise
- Video shows Border Patrol car hitting man on Tohono O’odham Nation
- Officials: Vietnamese man dies in ICE custody in Arizona