A Texas mattress store issued an apology on social media after it released a questionable commercial about a Sept. 11-themed deal.
The commercial from Miracle Mattress in San Antonio features a woman and two men. After she pitches a deal on twin mattresses in honor of the terror attacks on Sept. 11, two men in the background fall into two towers of mattresses, knocking them over.
The woman then says “We’ll never forget.”
The ad was posted to the store’s Facebook page but removed after people expressed outrage about the ad. It’s unknown if it was aired on local TV.
The store posted an apology on its page:
To all of those who have seen our 9/11 sale. We are very sorry we have offended you. Our intentions were not to hurt anyone at all. Our staff is full of military and some relatives have passed away due to 9/11. We are promoters of peace and love. We have given abundantly to our community here in San Antonio and wish to remain known as a company who respects and loves others. We hope you find it in your hearts to forgive us. Please accept our apology.
But judging by the comments on the apology post, the public will not forget about the ad anytime soon.
- Police: At least 8 dead after shooting in North Texas
- Valley residents head to Texas to help victims of Hurricane Harvey
- Upbeat Trump pitches in at shelter for Harvey victims
- Explosions rock flood-crippled chemical plant near Houston
- Phoenix search and rescue team saves 17 adults, kids from Harvey floods