KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A soon-to-open boutique hotel is holding a job fair Thursday in Phoenix. Found:re has more than 130 hospitality positions available. The hiring event runs from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. near Roosevelt Street and Central Avenue.
• Ground has been broken on a luxury apartment project in Phoenix. Construction on the Curve at Melrose near Seventh Avenue and Camelback Road is expected to be complete by early 2018, according to developer P.B. Bell.
• More than three-quarters of American business travelers say discounted rates and incentives would inspire them to extend their trips. The study also found about 20 percent of consumers would scrap their travel plans if they faced add-on charges while booking with loyalty points.
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Glasses ready! Arizona spots hosting solar eclipse viewing events
- Phoenix police chief: City will be prepared for Trump rally
- Extra restrictions in place for Phoenix area freeways this weekend