KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A soon-to-open boutique hotel is holding a job fair Thursday in Phoenix. Found:re has more than 130 hospitality positions available. The hiring event runs from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. near Roosevelt Street and Central Avenue.
• Ground has been broken on a luxury apartment project in Phoenix. Construction on the Curve at Melrose near Seventh Avenue and Camelback Road is expected to be complete by early 2018, according to developer P.B. Bell.
• More than three-quarters of American business travelers say discounted rates and incentives would inspire them to extend their trips. The study also found about 20 percent of consumers would scrap their travel plans if they faced add-on charges while booking with loyalty points.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend