KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Kneaders Bakery and Cafe is raising money to fight childhood cancer. For the rest of September, 100 percent of sales of its elephant-shaped sugar cookies will go directly to fund research. Cookies cost $2.99 and are available at all 16 Arizona locations.
• Hundreds of job opportunities are available at a career fair Wednesday in the East Valley. The event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Chandler near Loop 101 and Frye Road in Chandler.
• A teriyaki grill is opening soon in downtown Phoenix. Yogis Grill is scheduled to open near First and Washington streets in October. Yogis has 15 other spots in the Valley.
- Arizona congressman says President Donald Trump is ‘clearly a racist’
- Main Street Minute: Amazing Jake’s to get makeover, name change
- Online campaign ad from Jeff Flake starts hitting back at Kelli Ward
- 2 Phoenix-area teens accused of making online threats against school
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border