KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Kneaders Bakery and Cafe is raising money to fight childhood cancer. For the rest of September, 100 percent of sales of its elephant-shaped sugar cookies will go directly to fund research. Cookies cost $2.99 and are available at all 16 Arizona locations.
• Hundreds of job opportunities are available at a career fair Wednesday in the East Valley. The event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Chandler near Loop 101 and Frye Road in Chandler.
• A teriyaki grill is opening soon in downtown Phoenix. Yogis Grill is scheduled to open near First and Washington streets in October. Yogis has 15 other spots in the Valley.
- Estimated population of squirrel plummets after Arizona wildfire
- Jodi Arias appeal prolonged by transcript errors and omissions
- Camping sold out for Phoenix NASCAR race in November
- Arizona Supreme Court rejects bid to reverse electric rate hike
- Phoenix among US cities that have changed the most in past decade