PHOENIX — While fans were cheering as Drake took the stage in Phoenix on Tuesday night, a thief was getting busy.
TMZ reported that at least one thief sneaked into a shared tour bus in the facility’s parking garage and made off with millions of dollars’ worth of jewelry belonging to Drake’s DJ, Future the Prince.
The Phoenix Police Department said the theft happened between 10-10:15 p.m.
Police said the jewels that are valued at about $3 million have been recovered and a suspect in the burglary has been arrested.
Arizona State University police arrested 21-year-old Travion King in Tempe and charged him with one count of trespassing on ASU’s main campus.
Police said surveillance footage assisted with identifying King, who had done contract work with local venues in the past.
Phoenix police said King was booked into a Maricopa County jail on the trespassing charge before Phoenix PD discovered his whereabouts, and King is in the process of being re-booked into jail on new charges.
TMZ obtained a video of Drake walking into the garage at Talking Stick Resort Arena in downtown Phoenix and learning about the heist. While what he is saying is inaudible, it is clear he is unhappy.
- Phoenix-area city ranked best in nation to buy family home
- Domestic violence foundation kicks off in honor of Phoenix-area girls’ deaths
- Child killed, six others injured in rollover accident on I-10
- FBI warning Arizonans of ‘virtual kidnapping’ phone scam
- Arizona law enforcement agencies seek to recruit young people