PHOENIX — While fans were cheering as Drake took the stage in Phoenix on Tuesday night, a thief was getting busy.
TMZ reported that at least one thief sneaked into a shared tour bus in the facility’s parking garage and made off with millions of dollars’ worth of jewelry belonging to Drake’s DJ, Future the Prince.
The Phoenix Police Department said the theft happened between 10-10:15 p.m.
Police said the jewels that are valued at about $3 million have been recovered and a suspect in the burglary has been arrested.
Arizona State University police arrested 21-year-old Travion King in Tempe and charged him with one count of trespassing on ASU’s main campus.
Police said surveillance footage assisted with identifying King, who had done contract work with local venues in the past.
Phoenix police said King was booked into a Maricopa County jail on the trespassing charge before Phoenix PD discovered his whereabouts, and King is in the process of being re-booked into jail on new charges.
TMZ obtained a video of Drake walking into the garage at Talking Stick Resort Arena in downtown Phoenix and learning about the heist. While what he is saying is inaudible, it is clear he is unhappy.
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Man shot by Mesa police charged with aggravated assault, other charges
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix