PHOENIX — Work continues on an overpass along a major street in metro Phoenix this week, which will temporarily shut down the lanes to traffic, the Arizona highway department said.
Grand Avenue will be closed in both directions between Dysart and Litchfield roads in Surprise from 9 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday while a crew pours concrete for the deck of the new bridge at Bell Road.
The $41.9 million project to Grand Avenue, also part of U.S. 60, was on schedule, the Arizona Department of Transportation said in an update.
Bell Road between 134th Avenue and West Point Parkway has been closed but was scheduled to reopen in November.
The bridge is just part of the project, which included an interchange, was expected to be finished next spring.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona residents have it rough when it comes to work commute
- Inmates, staff member injured after riot breaks out at Eloy prison
- Need an eye exam? Flying eye hospital touches down in Arizona
- Arizona bill to limited public funding for stadiums appears to have died
- New Westin hotel in downtown Tempe breaks ground