PHOENIX — Work continues on an overpass along a major street in metro Phoenix this week, which will temporarily shut down the lanes to traffic, the Arizona highway department said.
Grand Avenue will be closed in both directions between Dysart and Litchfield roads in Surprise from 9 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday while a crew pours concrete for the deck of the new bridge at Bell Road.
The $41.9 million project to Grand Avenue, also part of U.S. 60, was on schedule, the Arizona Department of Transportation said in an update.
Bell Road between 134th Avenue and West Point Parkway has been closed but was scheduled to reopen in November.
The bridge is just part of the project, which included an interchange, was expected to be finished next spring.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Video shows Border Patrol car hitting man on Tohono O’odham Nation
- Crews fully contain 377 Fire in northeast-central Arizona
- Officials: Vietnamese man dies in ICE custody in Arizona
- How much do Arizonans spoil their fathers? There’s a ranking for that
- Meghan McCain opens up about her relationship with her father