PHOENIX — Work continues on an overpass along a major street in metro Phoenix this week, which will temporarily shut down the lanes to traffic, the Arizona highway department said.
Grand Avenue will be closed in both directions between Dysart and Litchfield roads in Surprise from 9 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday while a crew pours concrete for the deck of the new bridge at Bell Road.
The $41.9 million project to Grand Avenue, also part of U.S. 60, was on schedule, the Arizona Department of Transportation said in an update.
Bell Road between 134th Avenue and West Point Parkway has been closed but was scheduled to reopen in November.
The bridge is just part of the project, which included an interchange, was expected to be finished next spring.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Online campaign ad from Jeff Flake starts hitting back at Kelli Ward
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- 2 Phoenix-area teens accused of making online threats against school
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision