Not many would accuse Tombstone, Arizona’s history as being cute.
The town, on the other hand, is apparently just that.
PureWow.com named Tombstone as much in its list of the cutest towns of every state in America.
One of the last mining boomtowns in the Old West, Tombstone is dotted with 20th-century saloons and colorful storefronts. Today, you can see a gunfight reenactment or take a walking tour to learn about the famous Wild West characters who lived there. (Cough, cough: Wyatt Earp.)
Of course, Tombstone is known for its storied past, be it the gunfight at the O.K. Corral or its mining history. Now, the Cochise County town is a tourist destination for those looking to relive the past of the Wild West.
Tombstone joins other cities such as St. Helena, Calif., Long Grove, Ill., Natchitoches, La., Marblehead, Mass., Cranbury, N.J., and Granville, Ohio, which earned the distinction as the cutest towns in their respective states.
- Protests break out, tear gas deployed in Phoenix following Trump rally
- Arizona congressman says President Donald Trump is ‘clearly a racist’
- Online campaign ad from Jeff Flake starts hitting back at Kelli Ward
- 2 Phoenix-area teens accused of making online threats against school
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border