Not many would accuse Tombstone, Arizona’s history as being cute.
The town, on the other hand, is apparently just that.
PureWow.com named Tombstone as much in its list of the cutest towns of every state in America.
One of the last mining boomtowns in the Old West, Tombstone is dotted with 20th-century saloons and colorful storefronts. Today, you can see a gunfight reenactment or take a walking tour to learn about the famous Wild West characters who lived there. (Cough, cough: Wyatt Earp.)
Of course, Tombstone is known for its storied past, be it the gunfight at the O.K. Corral or its mining history. Now, the Cochise County town is a tourist destination for those looking to relive the past of the Wild West.
Tombstone joins other cities such as St. Helena, Calif., Long Grove, Ill., Natchitoches, La., Marblehead, Mass., Cranbury, N.J., and Granville, Ohio, which earned the distinction as the cutest towns in their respective states.
- MCSO investigating human remains found in south-central Arizona
- Arpaio claims Justice Department meddled in 2016 campaign for sheriff
- $370,000 worth of meth seized in Arizona border drug busts
- Arizona attorney general appealing dismissal of university tuition lawsuit
- CVS Pharmacy expands efforts to combat opioid abuse in Arizona