Not many would accuse Tombstone, Arizona’s history as being cute.
The town, on the other hand, is apparently just that.
PureWow.com named Tombstone as much in its list of the cutest towns of every state in America.
One of the last mining boomtowns in the Old West, Tombstone is dotted with 20th-century saloons and colorful storefronts. Today, you can see a gunfight reenactment or take a walking tour to learn about the famous Wild West characters who lived there. (Cough, cough: Wyatt Earp.)
Of course, Tombstone is known for its storied past, be it the gunfight at the O.K. Corral or its mining history. Now, the Cochise County town is a tourist destination for those looking to relive the past of the Wild West.
Tombstone joins other cities such as St. Helena, Calif., Long Grove, Ill., Natchitoches, La., Marblehead, Mass., Cranbury, N.J., and Granville, Ohio, which earned the distinction as the cutest towns in their respective states.
- Phoenix-area city ranked best in nation to buy family home
- Domestic violence foundation kicks off in honor of Phoenix-area girls’ deaths
- Poll shows Arizona split on support for President Trump
- Arizona DPS head talks challenges in recruiting young, diverse applicants
- Judge halts newest Trump travel ban, saying it has same woes