Not many would accuse Tombstone, Arizona’s history as being cute.
The town, on the other hand, is apparently just that.
PureWow.com named Tombstone as much in its list of the cutest towns of every state in America.
One of the last mining boomtowns in the Old West, Tombstone is dotted with 20th-century saloons and colorful storefronts. Today, you can see a gunfight reenactment or take a walking tour to learn about the famous Wild West characters who lived there. (Cough, cough: Wyatt Earp.)
Of course, Tombstone is known for its storied past, be it the gunfight at the O.K. Corral or its mining history. Now, the Cochise County town is a tourist destination for those looking to relive the past of the Wild West.
Tombstone joins other cities such as St. Helena, Calif., Long Grove, Ill., Natchitoches, La., Marblehead, Mass., Cranbury, N.J., and Granville, Ohio, which earned the distinction as the cutest towns in their respective states.
- Students say more guns, police officers on campus is not the answer
- New cannabis company offers delivery to Arizona, California dispensaries
- Snowfall closes major eastbound freeway in northern Arizona
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Two Scottsdale resorts added to Triple-A’s diamond-listed hotels